A grandma has been crowned the 2022 Mastermind Champion after a most attention-grabbing performance.
Alice Walker, 66, a retired IT consultant, received the massive perfect of the BBC Two quiz repeat on Monday evening, April 11.
Described as the “cleverest grandma within the country” by her daughter, she managed to answer 33 questions – scoring a most attention-grabbing 14 out of 14 on her specialist topic and 19 correct answers within the overall knowledge spherical.
Her specialist topic? None other than The Peak District Nationwide Park.
Alice, who has been a member of her native quiz league because the 1980s, ready by reading a complete bunch guidebooks, maps, and reading up on the total historic sites around the park ahead of strolling spherical it alongside with her dog Leo to cement the recordsdata into her brain, MEN stories.
The work completely paid off as Alice, who lives Derbyshire, went on to acquire Mastermind, avoiding stuff competitors from other contestants.
However can you answer correctly answer the total questions she tackled?
General knowledge questions
1. The numbers prone to complete a frail Sudoku grid vary from 1 to what number?
2. Oman is the capital city of which center Easter country?
3. Nacktschnecke which interprets actually as bare snail is the German phrase for what creature?
4. The Loganberry is believed to were created by crossing blackberries with what other fruit?
5. Which tennis player received a chronicle equalling 20 huge slam men’s single title by beating Matteo Berrettini within the most effective of the 2021 Wimbledon Championship?
6. Ping, pang and pong are characters in which opera by Pucchini, premiered in 1926?
7. Who grew to turn out to be the ruler of Russia in 1762 after her husband Peter III used to be compelled to abdicate?
8. What used to be the principle name of Fred Astair’s older sister, who used to be his skilled dancing companion in quite a lot of Broadway stage exhibits from 1917 unless 1931?
9. By means of population which is the most attention-grabbing city on the south island of Fresh Zealand?*
10. A contest called The 100 inviting teams equivalent to Oval Invincibles, Welsh Fireplace, and Northern Superchargers used to be launched in 2021 in which sport?
11. The 2017 book My Existence Our Times is a memoir by which outmoded UK High Minister?
12. Who grew to turn out to be the lead singer of the British pop and soul band Merely Red when it used to be formed in Manchester within the 1980s?
13. Which small city approach Cambridge is known for its cathedral, occasionally called the ship of the fens which has a central structure is named the octagon?
14. What phrase follows rough, mute, bearded, and border, within the names of four dog breeds?
15. A cup-sshaped structure called a bowman’s pill is a purpose of which pair of organs within the human physique?
16. Tencent, BeiDou, and Alibaba are main expertise corporations headquartered in which Asian country?*
17. In the Avengers films launched between 2011 and 2019 which British actor performs the personality Loki, the God of mischief?
18. What Japanese phrase which implies harbour wave is vulnerable in English for a mercurial travelling unfavorable wave veritably precipitated by an underwater earthquake?
19. The abbreviation ESP for the supposed means to be responsive to issues with out the exercise of the fundamental senses stands for Extra Sensory what?
20. Which clockmaker born in Yorkshire in 1693 is credited with the invention of the Marine Chronometer, a tool that enables for excellent timekeeping while at sea?
21. In the slack-1930s which Spanish artist created a sofa modelled on the lips of the actress Would possibly perhaps West in collaboration alongside with his patron Edward James?
22. The legendary North American creature veritably called Huge Foot would possibly perhaps maybe well be known by what other name, a Salishan phrase which implies Man of the Woods?
*These two questions were answered incorrectly by Alice.
5. Novak Djovovich
7. Catherine the Huge
11. Gordon Brown
12. Mick Hucknall
17. Tom Hiddleston
20. John Harrison
21. Salvador Dali
Specialist topic questions
2. In the mid-18th century which landscape architect used to be commissioned to revamp the gardens at Chatsworth Condo?
3. In the slack-1920s in which outmoded lead mining village approach Eyam did the creator Lawrence du Garde Peach impact what later grew to turn out to be an extraordinarily talked-about newbie dramatic troupe?
4. What name is given to the jagged gritstone outcrops north of Leek within the Staffordshire Peak District which impact an escarpment with a stop-by Ramshaw Rocks and Chicken Cloud?
5. In 1941 an errant German bomb precipitated important injure to St Michael and All Angels church in which village approach Buxton?
6. What Neolithic stone circle situated on moorland approach Monyash is occasionally known as the Stonehenge of the North?
7. In his work Fors Clavigera the creator John Ruskin harshly criticised the constructing of the gravestone railway viaduct in which peak district valley?
8. What used to be the corpulent name of the British designer and manufacturer who established a cutlery manufacturing facility and design museum within the village of Hathersage?
9. Which peak, the 2d highest point in Derbyshire, has been described as one amongst Britain’s most attention-grabbing factual deserts due to the its expanse of nearly featureless moorland?
10. What used to be the name of the castle constructed by the Romans approach the in style day village of Brough within the Hope Valley?
11. Which village between Leek and Buxton claims to be the highest in Britain at better than 1500 toes above sea level?
12. The ruined castle that stands above town of Castleton is named after which Norman knight and keeper of the Royal woodland?
13. What used to be the name of the short village of corrugated iron shacks nicknamed Tin City that used to be built to home the employees and their households when the Howden and Derwent dams were constructed within the early 1900s?
14. The designer and architect Sir Joseph Paxton and John F Kennedy’s sister Kathleen are among these buried at the St Peter’s Churchyard in which village within the Chatsworth Estate?
2. Lancelot “Ability” Brown
3. Huge Hucklow
4. The Roaches
5. Earl Sterndale
6. Arbor Low
7. Monsal Dale
8. David Miller
12. William Peverel
Don’t miss the latest knowledge from around Scotland and former – verify in to our each day newsletter